Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THE MOST DELICIOUS PANCAKE RECIPE EVAR!

Over these past few months I have learned a great deal. At first when I started eating healthy, I was super OCD about counting my calories, making sure I didn't eat past 7, and just being extremely strict in general with what I ate (no sweets ever, nothing with processed flour, no extra little snacks here and there). Let's just say, it was probably about to get unhealthy if I kept it up for too long... But then I went on a two week vacation to visit high school friends, and I all of a sudden began eating too much probably. But it taught me a lesson. When I got back home to Savannah, I was eating healthy again, but I wasn't as worried about counting calories as I was about just making sure I wasn't eating anything too awful in large amounts. Like, yesterday I ate a little bit of Cinnamon Chex cereal around 11:30 PM with my boyfriend. The day before that, I was at a gathering that was handing out free candy to everyone, and I ate three squares of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate. And maybe a blow-pop.

And honestly, with all this intense running I've been doing, I think I'll be fine. As long as I don't start allowing myself to have a giant dessert everyday all the time. I just have to keep control over my eating habits, while still allowing myself a little slack. It may be difficult to find this balance and stick with it, but hey! I have my whole life to figure it out right? I have confidence in myself to do what's best for my body.

But, ahem. Back to baking.

Today after my gym workout (no running today - instead I used the Nike Training Club free app on my phone for circuit training and it was awesome!), I decided to get creative. Pulling from a few different recipes I had heard of before, I threw together an awesome pancake breakfast for one. I'm not exactly sure how much of each ingredient I used because I was so frickin' excited to try my creation that I just threw everything into a bowl and got straight to mixing!

NOM-NOM PANCAKE MESS
Cool name, huh? 



What you need:
1/3 C old fashioned oats
1/3 C 2% small curd cottage cheese
1 egg white
A splash of vanilla soy milk (to thin the batter)
A splash of vanilla extract
Cinnamon to taste
Half sliced banana (to add to the pancakes once they are already on the griddle)

What you do:
Mix all ingredients (except the banana!) in a small bowl. Use a hand mixer to soften/break up the mixture a bit, then pour onto greased/"cooking-oiled" pan or pancake griddle. Add banana slices. Let each pancake cook for about 2 minutes on each side on medium-high (depending on thickness), then flip! (Mine ended up being super messy when I flipped it because I absolutely suck at flipping pancakes.)


When I made it, the recipe produced about 2 medium sized pancakes - good for one person :) I topped mine with a bit of syrup and a few sprinkles of Kashi Go Lean! cereal. MM.

Also, I strongly recommend Stash Premium Tea's Chai Spice Black Tea, especially with a splash of Silk Vanilla Soy Milk. Soo good - and it gives me a caffeine kick in the morning!

Happy breakfast-ing!


1 comment:

  1. tried this recipe after my run a few days ago. it was great! i used yogurt instead of cottage cheese, though.

    ReplyDelete