Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Berry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfait!

Before I get down to business, I would just like to say that I feel super accomplished this morning. 5:45 AM 7 mile run, 5 miles at a 9:00min mile tempo (which is pace for under a 2 hour half marathon! Woo!). Let's just hope I can keep at that pace for 13.1 miles. I fueled with oatmeal and half a banana (mixed into the oatmeal) about an hour before my run (4:45 AM), and then post-run I drank coconut water to recharge my electrolytes (coconut is a great, healthy, and low-cal alternative to Gatorade, etc).

On sale for $3.99 at the local organic grocery store! What a steal! :)

I got back, did some ab exercises and a minute plank, showered, and then whipped up my latest creation:

BERRY CHEESECAKE BREAKFAST PARFAIT




You should try it. So good. And it's actually under 200 calories (165 without toppings, but with 1/4 C frozen fruit mixed in), with 18g of protein, 22g of carbs, and 1g of fat (great option for a post-workout snack)!


What you need:
1/2 C Chobani plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 C 2% (or non-fat) Cottage cheese, reduced sodium (small curd is preferable)
1 TBSP All-natural raspberry jam
Honey or stevia, if desired



*EXTRAS/mix-ins/toppings
Frozen blueberries, raspberries, or other berry
Granola 
Banana 


What you do:
Mix all of the original ingredients together (yogurt, cottage cheese, and raspberry jam). I also mixed in about 1/4 C of frozen blueberries and raspberries (they made it a pretty color!). If you want a fluffier texture, use a whisk. For a more cheesecake-y taste, add about 1/8 C to 1/4 C more cottage cheese. 

When the yogurt mixture is complete, scoop into a pretty bowl, add toppings, and, of course, snap some pictures. No breakfast is complete without pictures. 

Also, if you're not a big cottage cheese fan, NO FEAR! I'm not really either, but I know it is a good source of protein, so I add it. I can barely taste it though.

Nutrition Facts
(Columns from left to right: Total Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein)



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment