Thursday, September 8, 2011

STRANGE-YET-DELICIOUS: TALES OF A SECRET LOVE AFFAIR

A month ago, if someone were to suggest I eat anything involving Cottage Cheese, I probably would have gagged. My memories of Cottage Cheese from high school are terrifying, nightmare-ish, and shocking - to say the least (the thought of chunky dairy and melon mixed together just didn't do it for me, thanks to my friend Mary).

But now, for some reason, Cottage Cheese and I are having a little secret love affair, and I can't keep myself away from him. He's everywhere - almost, maybe, stalking me?

So, it's not a surprise that Cottage Cheese graced my first ever recipe, and is now making a booming appearance in the second. Here he is, starring in my...

STRANGE-YET-DELICIOUS APPLE CINNAMON BOWL
Recipe inspired by ANNE'S RECIPE



What you need:
1/4 C Non-fat or 2% Milk-fat Cottage Cheese (little to no sodium)
1/4 C Non-fat plain Greek yogurt (Chobani is my fave!)
1/4 C Unsweetened applesauce
A couple pinches of cinnamon
OPTIONAL: Stevia, to taste (if you have an insane sweet tooth like I do)

What you do:
It's pretty simple. You just mix it all together and scarf it down. In fact, I'm eating a bowl right now - well, I was, but it was so delicious that it pretty much disappeared within the first two minutes of me sitting down to blog.

And, how many calories per bowl, you ask? A mere 110. ONE HUNDRED AND TEN. With only 1g of fat. Perfect protein-filled, post-run/workout snack if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment