Thursday, September 8, 2011

Training & T.Z.T.

I have never been so ecstatic about exercise. It's truly wonderful. I've been getting 5 hours or less of sleep, which is AWFUL by the way - bad habit to drag yourself into. But, because I've been eating healthy and taking care of my body by providing it with all the nutrients it needs (and exercise), I am able to stay energetic throughout the day. This morning, I ran 4 miles (easy run to recover from yesterday), but, when asked to join someone at the gym this afternoon, I just had to go again. I mean, I wasn't doing anything else... right?

It's awesome. I hope I remain as excited about my well-being once school starts back up on Monday!

On another note, I burned so many calories tonight that I decided to play with some ingredients I had around the house tonight and make a hearty yet healthy (not to mention extremely yummy) meal.

I proclaim this new recipe "T.Z.T." - standing for "Turkey Zucchini Tacos." Randomest taco ingredients ever, I know. Get over it. They're delicious.


TURKEY ZUCCHINI TACOS
Makes about 3-4 tacos (I usually just eat 2)




What you need:
6oz lean ground turkey (room temp)
1 chopped fresh zucchini
1 chopped garlic clove
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp water
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Mozzarella cheese, to your liking
3-4 LaTortilla Low-Carb, High-Fiber 50 cal whole wheat tortillas




What you do:
1. Heat medium sized skillet/pan on stove with olive oil. Once hot (I put mine a little above medium level), add chopped garlic clove. Use a spatula to brown.
2. Once the garlic has browned, add the ground turkey to the pan. Add 2 tbsp water and spices.
3. Separate turkey with spatula, and cook on medium/medium-high heat (constantly turning/stirring) until the turkey is almost completely cooked.
4. Add chopped zucchini, sprinkle on a bit more curry powder if you want (sprinkle on a bit more water too), and turn the heat down to medium-low. Stir around the zucchini until covered with spices.


5. After ingredients are thoroughly mixed in the pan, turn the heat down to simmer and let sit for a bit. I usually let the mix simmer until I am finished putting away my dirty dishes and ingredients/warming up the tortillas and preparing the mozzarella.
6. Once this is all done, you're ready to scoop the T.Z.T. mixture onto your tortillas! Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.

Sounds like a weird combo but I swear it's to die for!

Enjoy! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment